Tuesday, March 5, 2019


Everyday Blessings

   God blesses us in so many ways.  Unfortunately, we don’t often notice most of them.  We are looking for the eye-catching, awesome blessings that occasionally occur but ignore the daily blessings we are granted each day of our life.

   I woke up this morning; some did not.  I felt rested and comfortable when I awoke; many slept fitfully and awoke in pain.  I live in a comfortable home with heat, air-conditioning and hot and cold running water; many struggle to stay warm and suffer from a scarcity of decent water.  I had a good breakfast and will have lunch and dinner; many woke up hungry and will remain hungry throughout the day.  These are just a few of the ways God has blessed me and most of the people I know.  Yet we not only accept these blessings but expect them and rarely take the time to thank the Lord for them.

   My wife and I share a love that grows deeper each day and has for nearly fifty years.  Many don’t know love in their life or have lost the love of their life.

   I have found God and have faith that He is the answer to everything.  I have the comfort and joy of knowing that God has prepared a place for me when this life is over.  Many are searching and refuse to accept God; they struggle to find happiness in earthly pleasures that are temporary at best.

   We see the sunrise and sunset, hear the birds singing, enjoy a soft gentle rain, feel the warmth of the sun on a spring day and the cool of the breeze come autumn.  So many blessings each day; so many things God gives us.  We are undeserving of the many gifts of God, yet He continues to bless us.  Why are we so vain, and self-possessed that we feel they are due to us?  We are so blessed, yet fail so often to thank Him for His many gifts.

Lord, you give us so much.
In our arrogance we feel they are owed to us.
May we give You praise and glory.
May we thank You always for Your many blessings.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment