Monday, March 4, 2019


I AM

   “God said to Moses, ‘I am who I am.’”  (Exodus 3: 14)

   This was the answer God gave when Moses asked His name.  He is all, He is everything.  The universe and everything in it exists because of His love.  Each of us continue to exist solely because God wills it.  Should He ever forget us we would cease to be.

   We often try to impose human logic and expectations on the will of God.  We question why an evil person prospers when the good suffer poverty and hunger.  We ask why God would allow a child to die.  We want God to think and act as we would wish; we want answers that we will never receive in this life.

   God’s purpose in all things is incomprehensible to us.  We may understand in part but our understanding will always be incomplete.  If we believe we have reached the point of knowing God and all His ways, we are lost; the one we know is not God for He is unknowable.  “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.”  (Psalm 139: 18)

   To learn more of God is a worthy goal; to fully know Him is not possible.  I strive to increase my knowledge of our Lord and His ways knowing that I will never completely know and understand.  In faith, I am confident that His ways are the right ways though I may never know why.

Father, Your ways are so far above my own.
I am not capable of fully knowing You.
Give me the humility to accept my limitations.
Give me the faith to always trust in You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment