Friday, April 26, 2019


Into the Light

   “If I say, ‘Let darkness cover me, and the light about me be night, even the darkness is not dark to you, the night is bright as the day; for darkness is as light with you.’” (Psalm 139: 11 -12)

   In life there will be times of darkness.  Darkness may seem to envelope us, blocking the light of God.  It can be very easy to succumb to the darkness and dwell in it though we know darkness is not where we belong.  We are meant to be in the light of God, yet circumstances can plunge us into the devasting dark of night, blocking even the light of God.

   At such times, we must storm the heavens with prayer.  We must seek the will of God and seek His comfort and peace.  It is Satan who brings the darkness; it is the evil one who glories in the gloom of sorrow and despair.  It is up to us to reject Satan and turn to God, pleading that He show us that even the darkness is as light to Him.

   When we are in the darkness it is difficult to find God.  It may even seem as if He has abandoned us.  Even Jesus despaired on the cross, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15: 34).  Yet he trusted in God and submitted totally to His will.  And He was raised and ascended to His rightful place at the right hand of God.

   We too, can trust ourselves to the will of God.  Though we may not understand or desire what is given us to bear, we can take comfort in the knowledge that even evil can become a source of good through the will of God.  If we trust implicitly in the Father, we will know the joy and peace that is God’s will for us.

   Darkness is a bad place.  We are meant to live in the light of God.  When darkness comes, we must remember that even the dark is as light to God.  He will share His light with us if we seek Him and His will.

Father, darkness envelopes me.
Bring to me the light of Your love.
Lead me from the dark night.
Bring me back into Your light.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment