Tuesday, November 6, 2018


Changes in Attitude

   I spent almost three days dealing with our cable/internet/phone provider recently.  All I wanted was to add a phone to my existing service.  However, one thing led to another with promises of service not realized and more problems somehow caused by the change.  Bottom line; it took three days and a trip to the local office to swap out the cable box to get things restored and the phone added.

   I tell of this not because I want to complain about my service provider but to recognize an important change in my life.  When everything was resolved and fixed, my wife told me that she was proud of me.  You see, she was expecting me to blow up and yell as I’ve done far too often in the past.

   This was a very important event.  She knows me well and fully expected me to become loud, negative, and even insulting in this process but did not see that response from me.  I was able to deal with the situation with good nature, understanding and respect for those who were trying to get the problems resolved.

   I don’t say this to boast, but to acknowledge an answer to prayer.  Throughout my life I’ve had a relatively low ignition point and a very weak filter on my mouth.  I blew up and everyone in the area knew it.  I asked God to help me with this fault; to give me a more understanding and patient attitude.  My wife saw the change, but it was God, not me that made the difference. 

   It was the answer to my prayer.  I continue to pray for greater love, compassion and patience in all things.  I pray for His forgiveness when I fail to follow the example of love and compassion shown by our Lord, Jesus Christ.

   Most of all I’m thankful that He has given me the grace to change an aspect of myself that needed change.

Father, you are all love.
Help me to share that love with others.
You are compassionate, caring and forgiving.
Give me the grace to share those gifts with others.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment