Monday, November 5, 2018


Letter to Satan

Satan,

   The purpose of this letter is to inform you that you have no place in my life.  You and the demons you send to tempt and tease me with earthly desires are wasting your time and efforts.

   I know this must upset you and cause you to wonder how it is possible that I can say such a thing.  In your arrogance you can’t possibly accept that there is any human alive who is able to resist you and the sinful pleasures you offer.

   Your mistake is in assuming that I believe that I have the strength to resist you.  I know that I am weak and no match for your strength.  Your ability to twist the truth to make the evil seem good is beyond my understanding and therefore is more than I can overcome without help.

   You know from where my help comes; it comes from God.  Yes, I am weak, but He is strength itself.  I am unable to foresee your tricks and lies but God sees and understands all you do.  Even though I may falter, in His mercy He will forgive and strengthen me to return to battle.

   In the past I, like many, thought I could overcome your temptations through my own abilities.  It was foolish of me to even consider such a thought.  Thankfully I now know that it is only with God’s help that I can effectively tell you to leave me and never to return.

   I know that you will never accept my decision and will continue to try to subvert my faith in God but be forewarned.  I’ve enlisted the help of Michael the Archangel to command the angelic troops in my defense.  Surely you remember Michael; he’s the one who defeated you and banished you from heaven.  He will continue to defeat you and protect me from you.

   At my side is the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I know you must cringe at the name of the Mother of Jesus.  She prays and intercedes for me.  Even you know the power of her prayers is great.  

   In the name of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit I banish you.

With faith in God,

Ed

“Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Eph 6: 11)


No comments:

Post a Comment