Wednesday, December 5, 2018


Christ’s Coming

   “Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.” (Rev 3: 20)

   We are preparing to celebrate the first coming of Jesus.  We will honor the birth of our Lord and Savior.  We will acknowledge His great love for us.  A love so wonderful that He would give up His glory for a time to give all of humanity the opportunity for eternal life with Him in heaven.

   We also anticipate His second coming in glory on the last day.  On that day all that we know will pass away and the glorious reign of our God will begin.  All who have been faithful will enter the heavenly Kingdom never to know pain, anxiety or death again.

   There can be another coming of Jesus in our lives if we are willing.  A personal coming that is ours to share and to relish.  It is when we open our hearts to Him and give ourselves over to His love completely.  Just as He subjected His will to that of the Father, we subject ours to Jesus.  As the scripture from Revelations says, He will enter our house and dine with us.

   I can’t think of a more comforting way to think of my relationship with Jesus than that of a friend who is invited to come to my home and have dinner with me.  A friend to share everything with; my joys as well as the pains; my hopes and my plans.  A friend who supports me in all ways but is willing to point out the defects in my plans to protect me from myself.  A friend who truly understands because He lived as a man suffering the same trials and temptations that I face each day.  A friend who loves me beyond all expectations.

   We will soon celebrate His birth.  We can’t know when we will celebrate His final coming.  But we can welcome Jesus into our hearts each day and live in friendship with our Lord forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment