Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year’s Eve

   As the end of another year approaches I find myself looking back over the last twelve months, taking inventory of my year.  This year, as in most years, there have been ups and downs, successes and failures.  There have been good times and times that were not so good.  I’m sure many of us have pretty much the same experience looking back over the year.  We look forward to the new year with the hope of more good times than bad to come.

  I tend to look at the good and sometimes overlook the not so good.  Perhaps many others do this as well.  We like to focus on the happy times and let go of the sad.  This is a good thing and I think it is important that we do exactly that.  If we dwell on the sad times we risk losing site of the good that has come before and will come again.  I try to put the emphasis on relishing the good times and accepting the bad as just part of life in a fallen world.

   In life there will be joy and there will be difficulties.  For me the important thing is to accept both with grace, trusting in God’s plan.  God gives us great happiness and joy, but there are also crosses to bear.  If we never know difficulties and tribulations we will never truly appreciate the joy of God’s blessings.

   My prayer for all it is simply to take life as it comes and offer it to God in service to Him.  Give Him all the glory for the good and surrender the hard times to His strength and love.

Lord, as this year comes to a close
I hope I have done my best to serve you.
As I look forward to the new year
May I follow Your will in all I do.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment