Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Asked the Lord


I asked the Lord why.  He said nothing.
I asked the Lord when.  He did not reply.
I asked the Lord how.  I received no answer.
I asked the Lord for help and heard not a word.

At times I have wondered where the Lord is when I need Him most.
Those are the times are when I seem most alone.

Why does He not come to me and comfort me in my pain?
Why does He not come to me and grant me wisdom in my confusion?
How am I to follow Him when I don’t know where He is?
He said He was with me always but I can’t seem to find Him.

Has He forsaken me?
Have I sinned so greatly that He no longer finds me worthy?

It is then that I realize I have been seeking the wrong answers.
The Lord will provide the answers if I will only choose His way.

When I ask why, I must answer, “May Your will be done.”
When I ask when, I must answer, “In Your due time.”
When I ask how, I must answer, “In You all things are possible.”
When I ask for help, I must answer, “Your help is all I need.”

In those times when I wondered where You were, You were beside me always.
When I felt most alone it was I who had turned away.

Help me turn to You and grow in Your strength.
Help me trust in You and grow in Your love.
Help me recognize my failings and grow in Your guidance.
Help me accept Your forgiveness and grow in Your grace.

Lord help me to know You are always there even when I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment