Friday, May 4, 2018


Inescapable God

   “O Lord, you have searched me and known me!  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.” (Psalm 139; 1-2)

   Psalm 139 is one of my favorite psalms.  I’m strengthened by the fact that nothing we do, nothing we say, not even our thoughts are unknown to God.  He is within us and around us.  He is all encompassing.  To know this brings great comfort because if He is always with us then He is there when we need Him.  The blessing of knowing that we can turn to God at any time helps me when things are difficult.  I know that regardless of worldly concerns and troubles our God will strengthen me and help me through any problem.

   “For you formed my inward parts, you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you, for I am wondrously made.” (Psalm 139: 13-14).  From the beginning of time God has known us.  He determined the date of our birth and the date of our death in this world.  Jesus told the disciples, “But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matt 10: 30).  God has planned every second of our lives according to His will.  It is our decision to accept His will and live with Him in eternity or reject it and spend eternity without Him.

   “If I ascend to heaven, you are there!  If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!  If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.  (Psalm 139: 8-10).  Regardless of where we go, He is there waiting to help us and guide us home.

   Some would try to escape God, choosing to live their life without Him.  They will never have the joy and peace of knowing Him.  We choose to seek Him and follow Him home.  We shall spend eternity in the company of our loving God.

   “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.” (Psalm 139: 17-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment