Tuesday, February 21, 2023

 God's Love 

   As I look back over my life I can’t help but sometimes wonder why God loves me.  He knows of all the sins I’ve committed, he knows my weaknesses and how easily distracted I am.  So why does He continue to love me?

   Perhaps He loves me because even though He knows all my failings He also knows my sorrow for those failings.  I sometimes sit and consider some of the things I have done in my life and wish that there were some way I could go back and undo them; wishing that I had resisted Satan’s temptations rather than falling for them.  It was up to me, with God’s help I could have refused, but in my weakness I did not.

   In recent years I’ve come to better understand why God loves me in spite of all my faults; He wants to save me and bring me home to Him.  His love will never cease and He will continue to call me to Himself for as long as I live.  Again, it is up to me, I can answer “yes Lord” or I can reject Him.  I pray each day for the strength to always answer “yes” and never reject Him.  Each day is enough of a challenge, I will pray for the same strength tomorrow should it come.

   In his letter to the Romans St. Paul writes, “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8: 38 – 39).  I will accept His love and give Him all praise and glory.  I will spend the rest of my life doing all I can to love Him to the best of my ability.  I look forward to to loving Him eternally in His heavenly kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment