Saturday, February 4, 2023

 Take Joy in the Lord 

   No matter what this world may throw at me; no matter how messed up things may seem to be, there is joy in knowing the Lord.

   I am amazed at the evil that is so prevalent in our society today.  Perhaps it’s not as bad as I think, but only seems that way because evil is all that seems to be talked about.  I hope so, but I don’t believe it.  Satan has long had too much influence and the weakness of faith in our nation has opened the door to his will like never before.

   Many churches are also struggling with issues of faith, and many have given up the fight and accepted the desires of a perverted society as the new norm, even promoting and “blessing” them.  It is an abomination to bless a sin in the name of God and those who do so will be called to answer.

   In a nutshell, the world is a mess!  Yet, none of this can take from me the joy of knowing my Savior and living for Him.  This world isn’t the final answer, and the desires of this world are not those of the Lord.  If I allow myself to become despondent or depressed by the world I am failing in my trust in God. 

   The choice for me is quite simple.  Do I believe in Jesus and all His promises, or have I given up on Him and fear that the world has overcome Him?  I will continue to trust and place all my hope in my Lord.  This world will not steal my joy and I pray for those who don’t share in the joy of knowing and trusting the Lord.

   “May the Lord reign forever and ever!” (Exodus 15: 18) 

No comments:

Post a Comment