Monday, December 11, 2023

 Heal Me Lord 

   “Go back and tell John what you have seen and heard; the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, the poor have the good news proclaimed to them.”  (Luke 7: 22) 

   Sometimes I see the world through the eyes of sinfulness and weakness.  I don’t see You as I should, and I often fail to notice the wondrous miracles You perform.  Lord, heal my spiritual blindness so that I might know you better.

   I often struggle on my walk with Christ.  Give me strength to walk the path that leads to God’s kingdom.  Give the courage to pick up my cross and follow you.  Even if that path leads me to Calvary.

   Though I don’t have leprosy my soul sometimes suffers the disease of sin, separating me and alienating me from You.  Cleanse me Lord, let me be united with you in all I do.  Help me to always remember that I must turn to You in repentance, seeking Your mercy and  forgiveness.

   Your words are sometimes hard to hear over the hatred and evil spewed out by the world with such vengeance.  Let me drown out the noise of the world so that I can better hear Your words, Your encouragement, and Your guidance.

   You raised the dead to life.  I too will die at some point.  Though I have failed you many times by my sins, You know that I love You above all things and regret the sins I have committed.  When this life is over, come, take me to Yourself, to the place You have prepared for those who love you.

   I read the gospel; I hear it proclaimed.  Open my heart so that I may hear more than just the words.  Let me hear what you wish to tell me.  May the gospel, Your good news, enlighten me and bring me always nearer to you.

   Lord, help me to always remember that life is short, but eternity is everlasting.  My body will return to dust, but my soul will live forever.  Heal me in spirit and in love for You; make me holy, make me Your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment