Wednesday, December 27, 2023

 The Joy of God’s Will 

   “Take delight in the Lord, and he will grant you what your heart desires.” (Psalm 37: 4) 

   If we want to find happiness in this world we must give ourselves up to God’s will.  If we want to spend eternity with Him in His kingdom, we must strive to follow His will in all things.  Any other path leads to sorrow and eternal loss.

   God sometimes surprises us by His will.  Something unexpected occurs and we don’t quite understand why.  In those times it’s important to remember that God’s will is always for our good; whatever He brings to us is for our benefit whether we can understand it or not.  In those surprises are some of God’s greatest gifts.

   I’ve come to understand that I will never know all there is to know about God’s will for me.  There have been times when I’ve wondered why this, why me, why now?  My God is full of surprises, He always knows when those unexpected joys are most needed in my life.  And those surprises are often what bring me the greatest joy and draw me closer to Him.

   There is a happiness and a joy that comes from accepting God’s will.  There is peace and comfort in giving oneself over to Him.  And when He chooses to surprise me with a gift of incredible joy and happiness, all I can say is “Thank you Lord!”, for again showing me how much You love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment