Thursday, April 26, 2018


Teach Me to Pray

Lord, teach me to pray.
I try, but I don’t seem to be there quite yet.
Teach me to open my mind and listen for you.
Teach me to open my soul and wait for you.

Prayer is our time for communion.
Not to ask of You, for you know my needs.
To seek Your guidance in all that I do.
To receive your love, your wisdom and your mercy,

Prayer is when I get to know You Lord.
To get to know Your will for me.
To get to know Your ways in all things.
To grow in Your strength for the journey before me.

Prayer is my time for giving.
Giving myself to Your purpose.
Giving my worldly concerns to You.
Accepting You as the driving force of my life.

Open my heart Lord, that I may welcome You.
Open my ears Lord, that I may hear the quietness of Your voice.
Open my eyes Lord, that I may see Your hand in all things.
Give me Your strength Lord that I may live to serve only You.

Lord, teach me to pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment