Thursday, June 14, 2018


   
   Father, I reach out to You for strength and You give it.  I ask for guidance and You lead me through the perils of life.  I pray that I may serve You in all that I do.  Give me the assurance that I am following Your will.

   I doubt myself Lord and wonder if I am capable of serving You as You wish.  Yet I know that whatever I have to give pleases You and helps further Your Kingdom.  I give all that I have to You and pray that You will use me as You desire.

   My mind wanders from You even though I want to be always true to You.  Satan knocks loudly and often trying to tempt me to his evil ways.  I turn to the Holy Spirit as my warrior and protector.  He will give me the courage and power to reject the enemy’s temptations.

   Throughout my life I have been a sinner.  Though I despise my sins I seem unable to avoid them.  My Lord Jesus, You came to pay the price for my sins.  My failings were the stripes of Your scourging, the thorns in the crown of thorns, the nails that pierced Your flesh as they hung You on the cross.  And still You love me and bid me come to You.

   This journey through life is full of danger.  I’m sometimes unsure of which way to go.  Show me the path You would have me follow.  I know that You will provide the strength and courage to remain on that path if I only ask.

   My Lord, my God, let me always walk with You.  If I stray pull me back.  If I wander return me to Your path.  If I sin forgive me.  If I place all my faith and trust in You, I know that You will lead me through this life and bring me home when it is done.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment