Wednesday, November 22, 2023

 Be At Peace 

   “And let the peace of Christ reign in your hearts, because it was for this that you were called together in one body.  Always be thankful.” (Col 3: 15) 

   If I do not have the peace of Christ in my heart I am failing as a Christian.  Jesus brought peace, He brought forgiveness and salvation.  If I can’t find peace in His gifts I have a serious problem in faith.

   We all know the world is a mess, but we can’t let it take away the peace Christ brings.  We must remember that the world has been a mess since the fall in the Garden of Eden.  With the disobedience of Adam and Eve came sin, and with sin, death.  But our Lord came to restore the life God has intended for us; a life of communion with Him, trusting completely in His will.

   No matter what our vocation or calling, we will know difficult times.  We must accept those times as the cross we are called to bear and get on with life.  Christ said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled; be not afraid.” (John 14: 27)  If we have the peace that Christ has given us in our hearts nothing Satan can do will be able to take away that peace.

   When things get hard, when the troubles are about to overwhelm us and our peace is fading, we must turn to Christ and remember, “In the world you will endure suffering.  But take courage!  I have overcome the world.” (John 16: 33). We must never, ever, let the world and its problems steal our peace in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment