Saturday, November 4, 2023

 Christian Fellowship 

   “God is faithful, and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1 Cor 1: 9) 

   There have been many things that have helped me on my spiritual journey.  It has been a blessing to have the privilege to study my faith in depth to learn more about it and its history.  The Sacraments of the Church, especially Holy Eucharist and Confession have taught me humility before the Lord.  The blessings of a sacramental marriage with God as our partner brought me great joy and helped me become closer to my Lord and my wife.

   But what helps me so much in my day to day life is Christian fellowship; the opportunity to share my faith, my questions and my hopes with others who share my faith in God.  It is a strengthening, a pleasure, and a tremendous blessing in my life.  I’m not sure how some seem to grow in faith without the support and love of a solid friendship with other Christians.

   A few of us men meet each Saturday morning for breakfast.  The conversations are varied at times, but always turn to faith and serving our Lord.  We don’t solve the problems of the world, but we strengthen each other in maintaining our joy and peace in God.

   There are also times when I meet with others for dinner.  We enjoy each other’s company, share a great meal, and rejoice in the God who has brought us together in this life.  These gatherings also help me on my spiritual journey.  It is such a joy to gather with those whose love of God is great and whose lives reflect that love.

   There are many ways to grow in faith and love of God, but without friends and family who share that love and faith it can be much harder.  We need the support and love of other Christians to face the challenges life throws at us, and to increase in faith and trust in God.

 

1 comment: