Wednesday, November 1, 2023

 Faith 

   “Faith is the realization of what is hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.” (Heb 11: 1) 

   How can we explain faith to one who does not have it?  It is a concept alien to a world that seeks certifiable proof in all things.  And yet, as Christians all our hopes rest on faith.

   People base the “fact” that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow on faith, though they would never admit it.  There is no proof to support that assumption; a cataclysmic event could occur overnight which could change the entire universe making the sun now rise in the south or maybe not at all. 

   People assume many things based on so-called “proofs”, but what was proof yesterday may be a misconception today.  At one time science was confident that the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth rather than the earth around the sun.  Science was wrong on that account and on many others throughout history.  But the people believed them and their proof, which wasn't fact after all.    

   Can anyone prove the existence of love?  You can’t see it, touch it, or move it from one place to another.  Still, those who will readily accept the concept of human love refuse to believe in the love of a God who would send His only Son to die for them.

   I place my faith in many things that I cannot physically prove.  My faith tells me there is a heaven and a hell, though I can’t prove their existence except by faith.  There is a God in heaven who loves and cherishes of us, but no one has seen Him, and I can’t tell you where He is, except my faith tells me He exists, and He is present within me.

   My faith is a fact; it can’t be proven except in my heart and soul, it can’t be seen except in the way I live my life, but it is what drives me, what makes each day worth living.  It is the faith in Someone far greater than I who loves me and has paradise waiting for me when this life is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment