Tuesday, November 7, 2023

 To Serve God 

   Every day of my life is a gift from God.  I live solely because of His love and His will.  Should He forget me I would no longer exist.

   How am I to give Him proper thanks for the gift of life and all that comes with it?  There is nothing He needs, and I have nothing worthy of Him to offer.  All I can give Him is my heart, mind, and soul; to live as He would have me live and to serve Him as best I can.

   It’s easy to see the times I have failed to honor God in my life, the sins I’ve committed.  But sometimes it seems hard to find those times when I have served Him as He deserves.  Humanity is weak and weakness is inherent in me.  Though I desire to serve Him I sometimes find myself slipping into complacency, becoming lukewarm and even sloppy in my spiritual life.

   Satan will try to convince me that I am doing well in serving my Lord, to believe I am offering Him my best efforts.  I know very well that I fail at times due to my own fault, but the devil would have me believe it’s OK, I’m still doing pretty good.  I can’t allow such lies to take root in my heart.  If I do, I am lost.

   I give thanks to God each morning for His love and the gifts He gives to me.  I commit to doing my best to follow His will in all things.  Some days I do better at keeping that promise, on others not so much.  All I can do is keep praying, keep trying, and submit my will to His in all things; to die to self so that He can live in me.  May God help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment