Monday, August 6, 2018


Seeking Happiness



   There are two ways of looking at virtually everything; the earthly way and the way of faith.  I’ve found that my life is much more enjoyable when I choose to look at things through faith.

   Too many times we forget that this world is doomed.  As drastic as that sounds it is true.  The world as we know it will pass away.  We can do nothing to stop it and we can’t know the hour or day when it will occur.  How we prepare for that event is, or should be, the focus of our life.

   Happiness can’t be based on what society says brings happiness.  Society is corrupt; the evidence is everywhere.  We can’t fix the entire world.  However, we can make our little corner of the world better by sharing our love of God with others.  We can improve our own world by testing what is good and what isn’t and choosing the good.  It’s not difficult to discern the good from the bad if we look with the eyes of faith.

   If I pay attention to the worldly way of things I will believe that I never have enough.  There will always be things that I want and I will convince myself that I need still more.  These ways lead away from God and His plan for me.  If I continue to follow the ways Satan wishes me to follow he will lead me straight to hell.

   By seeing things as God wishes me to see them I realize that earthly things can’t bring true happiness.  I accept that I may never be wealthy or have all the toys society tells me I should have.  God’s plan may not always be what I think I want or need but I know that His way is best for me.  To see things in this light takes practice and determination.  I must make a conscious decision to look for God in all things.  If I follow the way God leads He will lead me to my heavenly home.

   Riches and wealth are not permanent; fame doesn’t last; physical beauty fades with time.  Heavenly riches are eternal; fame doesn’t matter; spiritual beauty never fades but grows more beautiful with time.  Look for the heavenly rather than the earthly things in life and you will find happiness both in this world and in eternity.



“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be.” (Matt 6: 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment