Tuesday, May 7, 2019


Are You There Lord?

   Of course the answer to the question is “Yes”.  And yet it seems He is so distant at times.  Times when I need His peace and consolation.  Times when I need His comfort in my sorrow.

   I know that my Lord is there each second of each day, but sometimes I struggle to find Him.  At these times I feel so alone though I know I am never alone.  Is it a test of faith?  Perhaps.  It is up to me to pass the test if so; to believe that He is with me even when I feel alone.  It may be hard, but I trust in Him and all I’ve come to know of Him.  It is not possible that He would leave me alone.  He is there.

   When I feel the loneliest is when I must pray the most.  Quiet my mind, turn off the television and silence the phone.  Turn my mind away from the world and its troubles and contemplate the unbelievable love God has for me and for each of His children.

   It is during the lonely times when I feel that God is distant that my faith can grow and mature.  My heart knows and my soul confirms that He is always there and will never leave me alone.  His love is infinite, His mercy boundless.

   So I will turn to Him in the difficult times; the times I feel most alone.  I will continue to seek Him in faith and trust.  I will place my trust in the Lord and submit myself to His will.

Lord, help me to always trust in You.
Never let me question Your love.
You are always with me.
To lead me through the night.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment