Wednesday, May 1, 2019


Help in Times of Trouble

   “I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34: 1)

   I find strength and solace in the Psalms.  In the psalms there are many blessings to be found, much comfort and strength.  Even when deeply troubled the psalms can bring comfort.

   “I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34: 4).  He is there for me whenever I turn to Him.  He relieves my fears and sorrows.  He gives me comfort.

   “O taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” (Psalm 34: 8).  Faith teaches us that the Lord is good in all things.  He brought salvation from the crucifixion of His Son.  From any evil He can bring good, though we may not understand.  The ways of the Lord are not our ways but, in faith, we must trust in Him.

   Though we may experience times of pain and sorrow in our lives God will always be there to sustain us and to carry us through the bad times.  It is Satan who desires that we wallow in our grief and pain.  He is the one who would turn our sorrow into rejection of our Lord.  We must push back; we must refuse Satan a victory in our life.

   I can only trust in my God.  Without that trust and faith I have nothing to cling to.  I know that He is there, watching over me.  He offers His love and peace.  Only through Him can I ever find true peace in this world.  

   And so I will continue to bless Him and thank Him for the many blessings He has given me.  Even in times of trouble, sorrow and pain.

“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34: 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment