Thursday, May 9, 2019


God’s Protection

   “Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you, when my heart is faint.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I; for you are my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.  Let me dwell in your tent forever!” (Psalm 61: 1 – 4)

   To dwell in the tent of the Lord is my greatest desire.  No where else is peace, love, and security to be found.  The world is the domain of Satan and his demon army.  Only through the protection of our Lord can we attain the blessed happiness that is ours if we follow His will for us.

   The world seems incapable of recognizing the ills it suffers.  Wars continue, hatred continues, evil continues.  Satan accosts us from all sides each day in his efforts to turn us from the Lord.  The strength to resist must come from God; we can’t possibly defeat the evil one without His help.

   Even Christ was tempted by Satan.  Imagine the audacity of trying to turn the Son of God from the will of the Father.  Sadly, we are much easier targets.  When life gives us troubles and sorrows we sometimes have difficulty turning to God; we simply can’t accept they He, in His mercy, would allow such a thing to happen.  In our arrogance we question His will and His plan for us.

   Our sorrow and pain sometimes make it difficult to accept God’s will and His plan for us.  We don’t understand; we can’t understand.  We must simply have faith in Him and His will, though we are hurt and in despair.  In the end He will heal us.  He will comfort and console us.  Regardless of the cross we bear, He will be there to help us carry it.

“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside the still waters; He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23: 1 – 3)

Amen Lord, restore my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment