Friday, May 17, 2019


The Lord is My Help

   “I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”  (Psalm 121: 1 – 2)

   We were created to be with the Lord.  Our lives were to be intertwined with His, we were to be His family.  Original sin ended that relationship.  Though sin broke our family relationship with God it did not stop His love for us or His willingness to help us when we call on Him.

   There are times when life may be difficult for us.  Things happen that we don’t understand.  Evil seems to permeate our society and the world at large and there doesn’t seem to be anything we can do to stop it.  Satan would love for us to just give up and give in to the evil.  Sometimes it seems fighting it is useless and giving in would be so easy.

   These are the times when we must look to the Lord, seeking His help and strength.  When we look at the history of the world, we see that it’s really no more evil today than it has been in the past.  It may seem to be simply because we are experiencing it rather that just looking at as a part of history.  There have always been those few who stood for the Lord and kept faith in Him; who would give their life rather than abandon God.  They knew, as we should, that He will never abandon us.  We may suffer persecution, rejection and even martyrdom but God is always there for us.

   In times of difficulty, pain and sorrow lift up your eyes to the Lord.   He is there to help us, to bring us through the trials and tribulations.  To bring us to His kingdom.

   “I long for your salvation, O Lord, and your law is my delight.  Let my soul live, that I may praise you, and let your ordinances help me.” (Psalm 121: 173 – 174)

I turn to You for help Lord.
In times of trouble You comfort me.
Your love endures forever.
I will praise You eternally.

Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment