Sunday, May 5, 2019


My Rock and My Salvation

   “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly moved.” (Psalm 62: 1 – 2)

   No matter what happens in life there is one to whom we can always go for strength and comfort.  One who will ease our pain and help us in our despair.  We can trust in God, in His will and His love to see us through our suffering.  If we seek God, he will carry us through any trial or ordeal we may be facing.

   I’ve often thought of those who do not know God and have no relationship with Him.  I wonder where they go for strength and comfort when needed.  Family and friends can be a source of help and strength, but they can’t provide the mercy and love God is waiting to give if we will only accept Him.  Some turn to the bottle, some to drugs.  Perhaps some simply can’t find peace and comfort and live in despair or worse.  I pray for them that they might find God and open their hearts to Him.

   For me, God is where I go.  I go to Him in thanksgiving for the good times and for help in times of trouble.  He is always there. He is always waiting to provide the strength and help I need to see me through this day.

   I live one day at a time depending on God’s help.  From morning until night I rely on Him and He provides.  Once this day is done I praise Him for His mercy and love and ask that He be there to help me through tomorrow.

   Sometimes it’s not day by day but hour by hour.  Still my Lord is there.  His constancy and His love is not bound by time, it is eternal.  Each second, minute, hour and day He is there for me.

   Without God in my life I fear what would become of me.  He is my strength, He is my comfort.  He is the assurance that all will be well even though I may not understand.  I will serve Him and give Him all praise and glory.

Father, Your love is my strength.
In good times and bad You are there for me.
I turn to you in sorrow and you comfort me.
I will forever give You all glory and praise.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment