Monday, May 13, 2019


Strength in Weakness

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor 12: 9)

   In my weakness is my strength.  I’ve come to understand that the powers of the world are far stronger than I can overcome.  Satan’s power and temptations are more than I can resist.  Only through God’s strength can I survive.  I am weak but in my weakness God’s strength will overcome any trial I may face.

   It’s important that I understand my inability to face everything life throws at me.  I need to know that there is a power on which I can draw that will overcome all.  When I finally accept this I can more readily turn to God for the help I need.  His strength is most evident when I am at a loss; in a dilemma for which I have no solution.  That is when I fully understand my inadequacy and turn to the Lord.

It’s difficult for humans to acknowledge weakness.  Pride tells us we should be able to whatever needs to be done without external help.  We are to stand on our own two feet.  The problem is that there will come a time when our feet will be swept out from under us.  We will be emotionally and spiritually crippled by events over which we have no control.  The sooner we recognize our weakness, the sooner we will turn to God for the strength He promises to provide.

   To accept weakness and realize our helplessness is difficult at best.  It goes against everything we are taught.  Sadly much of what we are taught is influenced by Satan.  Just as he convinced our first parents that they could become like Gods he will tempt us to believe that we don’t need God’s strength and help in life.  Just as he lied to our ancestors he continues to lie to us.

   “I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Cor 12: 9)

Lord, come to me in my weakness.
Give me Your strength.
Help me always turn to You and Your mercy.

Amen



1 comment:

  1. Eddie, thank you for keeping up with your journal, God has blessed you with some amazing insights. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us. I was thinking about you yesterday. Special days are especially hard. Terri and I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete