Wednesday, December 14, 2022

 Repeated Prayer 

   I find myself repeating the same prayers over and over.  I begin each morning with the same prayer, thanking God for the rest He has given me through the night and asking for His strength through the coming day.

   Throughout the day I find myself repeating the same prayers that I’ve been repeating for as long as I remember.  I’ve asked myself why I keep praying for the same things all the time?  I finally realized that I repeat my prayers not to remind a God who knows all and never forgets but to remind myself of all His blessing and that without Him I am nothing.

   They remind me that I must always seek Him in every aspect of my life.  I pray that I may belong totally to Him to remind myself that I am His and must live my life accordingly.  I pray that He will make me holy to remind myself that holiness is only from God; there is nothing I can do to earn it.  I pray for peace of heart because there is no peace without Him.

   God knows my prayers even before they are on my lips or in my heart, but I sometimes need reminding that I am His alone and need Him in all things.  He never forgets, but I sometimes do.  So I will keep repeating my prayers to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment