Friday, December 23, 2022

 The Greatest Gift 

   “So faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor 13: 13) 

   At this time of year we search for the proper gift; one that our children, spouse, or friends will treasure.  Of all the gifts that are readily available the only one that will last forever is our love.  Love is the greatest gift of all.

   Love is a choice, not an emotion.  When we love we choose to put the one we love above ourselves, to seek their betterment rather than ours.  Love never demands, it is gentle, it is caring, and it is everlasting.  This is the love that our Savior has for us, and it is the love we are to have for Him and for all His children.

   Christianity, like love is not an emotion but a choice.  I must make a conscious decision to give my life to Christ.  I must accept and welcome His will in my life and strive to live according to the plans He has for me.  Though I may wonder if I am on the right path, I must trust that He will lead me where I need to go, even if I am unaware.

   Over and over we hear people ask what the true meaning of Christmas is.  It’s actually quite simple; it’s about love.  God loves us so much that He would send His Son to die for us, to offer redemption and forgiveness of our sins.  It’s about a baby laid in a manger because there was no room in the inn.  It’s about the greatest gift of all; love.

No comments:

Post a Comment