Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Answering the Call

   “Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person.”  (St. Therese of Lisieux)

   Whether we recognize it or not God has a plan for each of us.  He knew us from time eternal and will know us throughout eternity.  We were created for a purpose and, if we will allow, God will show us that purpose and make us into the person we are intended to be.

   Sounds simple, right?  Just listen and God will let us know what to do.  Except for me and, I suspect, many others hearing the call isn’t that easy.  I’ve not heard the voice of the Lord clearly telling me what He wants of me.  I’ve prayed that I, like the Blessed Virgin, would be visited by an angel who would tell me God’s plan for me.  Then, like Our Lady, I could respond with “yes” and accept His will for me.

   I wish that I could approach the burning bush like Moses and hear my God giving me the direction I seek.  I pray that I could hear the voice of the Lord in the whisper as Elijah did on the mountain.  So many prophets sent by the Lord with a clear mission.  I still struggle to understand what He desires of me.

   Clearly I’ve not been visited by the Archangel Gabriel or anyone else clearly giving me a path that I am to follow.  So I pray and meditate and contemplate, trying to discover God’s will for me; how He wishes me to serve Him.

   And so I will continue to seek His guidance.  I will go on searching for the path I am intended to walk.  My greatest desire is to serve God in all ways.  I pray that He make me holy; make of me a saint.  I wait for His call.

Father, in all things I desire to serve You.
I pray for Your guidance and direction.
Show me the path You have chosen for me.
Give me the strength to walk that path.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment