Thursday, August 1, 2019


The House of the Lord

   “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.” (Ps 27: 4)

   There is no place I would rather be than in the house of the Lord.  I live my life seeking that glory though I stumble and fall at times.  Even in my sinfulness the Lord continues to love me and to forgive me.  He will bring me to His temple when life on this earth is finished.

   From the beginning of creation God has known me and had a plan for my life.  I may not know the fullness of His will for me, but I believe that if I trust in Him and seek His guidance in all things, He will lead me on the path to His kingdom.

   There are times when I wish God would plainly tell me what He asks of me.  But it seems that with rare exception that is not God’s way.  Rather He leads me in quiet ways; ways that require me to seek Him more and more.  Perhaps that is His way of increasing my faith and trust.  By continuing to seek Him I become closer to Him.  I reach out to Him in prayer more often in my efforts to follow His will.  He will answer in His own time and in His own way.

   I place my trust in God and am confident that He will honor my prayers and guide me on the path that leads to Him and His heavenly temple.

Lord, I seek Your guidance.
I ask Your direction in a sinful, confusing world.
Show me the path You have chosen for me.
Lead me to Your kingdom.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment