Wednesday, April 15, 2020


Trusting in His Love and Mercy

   Just over a year ago my wife of forty-eight years left this world and entered eternal life.  The love and support of family and friends has helped me tremendously during this period.  The love, mercy and support of my God has given me the strength to help carry this cross.  I don’t know how I would have survived without my Lord.

   Though the pain has lessened, there are still times of intense sorrow and pain at her loss.  Days when the wound seems to reopen, my heart breaking all over again.  Yesterday was one of those times.

   The Lord came again to comfort me.  Each day I read a chapter or two of “The Imitation of Christ” by Thomas รก Kempis.  It is written almost as a conversation between Christ and a believer, lessons on living the Christian life.  Last night the following assurances from Christ to the disciple were there before me:

   “For whatever happens, have confidence that My promise will be your strength and consolation.”

   “The hour will come sooner than you think when toil and trial shall be no more; for all that passes with time is short-lived and counts but little.”

   “Peace shall come at a time known only to the Lord.  And it will not last a day or a night as we calculate time; there will be light everlasting, infinite glory, unbroken peace and rest.”

   He was speaking to me, giving me hope and comfort and reminding me of His promises of a better life to come.  His mercy is so incredible.  I am so humbled by His caring and His love.  Thank you Lord!

Lord, in my sorrow You come to me.
In my pain You offer comfort.
Help me to always look to You.
For You are always there for me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment