Monday, April 27, 2020


The Journey of A Lifetime

   I am ashamed to admit that I was a pretty lukewarm Catholic for far too many years.  I was baptized as an adult convert at the Easter Vigil in 1971.  For years I attended Mass on Sunday’s and Holy Day’s but not much else.  It was not until several years later that I became enthusiastic in my faith.  I can’t point to any one event that lit the fire, but I thank God for doing so.

   The Christian journey is a life-long adventure with my Lord.  I am amazed each day that I have a God who loves me as He does.  The more I love Him, the more I realize how deeply He loves me.  He loved me even when my love for Him was not a strong as it should have been.  He loved me enough to give me the time to come to know Him and love Him more and more.

   My walk with God doesn’t mean I will never suffer or experience sorrow or pain.  Jesus experienced terrible sorrow, pain and death to pay the price for my sins.  I have no reason or justification to expect any less.  Yet, even in times of difficulty He is there to console me, strengthen me and, if necessary, carry me through the hard times.

   I wish I could go back and begin this journey in earnest far sooner than I did but that’s not possible.  All I can do is to take each day as another step toward God and live each day for Him.

Father help me walk this path.
Show me the way to You.
Increase my faith.
Bring me always nearer to You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment