Tuesday, November 29, 2022

 Never Alone 

   “Remember that  you are never alone.  Christ is with you on your journey every day of your lives!” (Pope St. John Paul II) 

   I titled my blog “Journey of Faith” because I believe that life is a journey home to God.  It gives me great comfort to know that I don’t have to walk this journey alone, that Jesus is with me always.

   As with most people my life has been one of ups and downs.  Life is like that; everything seems to be going along fine and then tragedy strikes.  Or maybe times are hard and suddenly a great blessing comes my way.

   During some of the darkest times of my life, times when I felt I couldn’t go any further God has been there.  He lifts me up from the depths and gives me hope for the future.  I’ve come to see the hard times as something of a blessing, as strange as that sounds.  What I mean is, when I’m down, and God lifts me up it brings me closer to Him and helps me realize that He is with me always.

   I have no idea how much longer the Lord will leave me on this earth, but I am certain that it will continue to be somewhat like a roller-coaster, with all the ups and downs.  But with God I can do all things; enjoy the blessings and withstand the trials and tribulations.

   The key to happiness in this life is knowing that, whether in good times or bad, I am never alone, the Lord is with me always.  He has overcome the world and He will help me overcome whatever trials I must face in this life and, when it is over, He will take me home to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment