Thursday, November 24, 2022

 Thanksgiving 

   Today is Thanksgiving Day.  How I wish we could put aside all the politics and hatred and truly take this day to give thanks.  There is so much to be thankful for and we need to take time to thank God for all His many blessings.

   I have so much to be thankful for.  I’m thankful for the fact that I live in a country where people still have freedom, even when they use that freedom to try to destroy Thanksgiving.

   I am thankful for the many years of love and happiness with my wife.  I am thankful for the love God gave us to share; an eternal love that continues to grow stronger every day.  I pray that I may live this life for God and be reunited with her in the next.

   I am thankful for my children and grandchildren.  I pray daily that God will bless them and keep them safe.  I pray that the love of God will be in their lives and bring them to eternal happiness.

   I am thankful for wonderful friends, their caring and their love.  For them also I pray that they be greatly blessed by God in all they do.

   I am thankful for my parish; a church with priests who are not afraid to preach the truth of God rather than the whims of society.  It is far better for some to be offended than led astray by ignoring or even supporting the sins and evils of the world.

   Most of all I am thankful that God loves me so much that He would give His only Son, so that those who believe in Him might have eternal life.  Amen Jesus, I do believe.  When this life is over, come Lord and take me to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment