Wednesday, November 30, 2022

 The Right Path 

   “God, examine me and know my heart, probe me and know my thoughts; make sure I do not follow pernicious ways, and guide me in the way that is everlasting.” (Psalm 139: 23 – 24) 

   I am blessed to know that God is with me always.  In good times and bad He is there.  He lifts me up when the troubling times come and blesses me in so many ways.  But there is another reason that I treasure the knowledge that He is with me that is even more important.

   He knows me through and through, so He knows my weaknesses and my faults; He knows of my sins even before I have committed them.  I sometimes struggle to stay on the right path, but He is there to help me when I wander, in my thoughts or in my actions.

   There are times when I become aware that I have strayed in some way.  Perhaps nothing of real significance, but then anything that takes me away from God is significant, no matter how minor.  These are the times when I desperately need God too correct my course in life.  Always He is there, gently, or even not so gently, guiding me back to the path that will lead me home.

   Life is a mystery.  God gives me great blessings, but also crosses to bear.  I find myself straying though I want to remain on the right path.  I don't have the answers and never will, but I trust in God.  In the next life maybe the questions will be answered, but until then I will continue to rely on the Lord to guide me on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment