Tuesday, January 2, 2024

God’s Love 

   “What is man that you are mindful of him, and a son of man that you care for him?” (Psalm 8: 5) 

   I am constantly in awe of the love God has for me and all His children.  Higher than the stars, deeper than the ocean, His love has no limits and is never-ending.

   This fact has become even more evident to me in recent weeks.  New joy, new love has entered my life and there is no doubt from where it came; it is a gift of God.

   Sometimes life can be difficult, and joy and happiness hard to find.  Many of the saints speak of times of darkness or coldness in their lives, times when it seemed as if God had abandoned them.  And yet, they never lessened their devotion, their prayer life remained strong and even grew stronger.  They had confidence that God was still with them through it all.  Their strength gave me strength.

   I’ve read of the joy they knew when the dryness departed, and they again knew the full force and indwelling of God’s love for them.  I feel that joy in my life now as well.  Though I know He was with me all the time, this fullness of heart and soul that He has given me lights up my life.

   I felt alone and He comforted me, I felt lost, and He showed me the way.  I felt that I would never again know such joy and happiness, but He has renewed those wonders within me.  I will cherish and protect this blessed gift, constantly giving Him all glory and praise.

  

1 comment: