Wednesday, January 3, 2024

 Into the Cloud 

   Between me and God is a cloud, a cloud of unknowing.  Though I love and know my Lord there is so much about Him that is and will remain a mystery for as long as I am in this world.

   However, within the mystery is extraordinary bliss.  Simply to sit silently, contemplating God is a tremendous joy and helps me come to know and love Him more and more.  This is why I am so at peace and ease when I am in the adoration chapel before the Blessed Sacrament. 

   Of all the wonderful mysteries of God I find His incredible love for me, a sinner who has so many times disappointed Him, to be the greatest of all.  In the ways of the world He would have rejected me long ago, but His ways are not of the world, so He continues to reach out to me with the purest of love.  His love is proven over and over, even to this day.

   Not only does He give me His love, but allows me to love Him in return.  And when I give it, wholly and completely He refills me with an even greater love.  His love is like an eternal well, the more I pull from the holy waters of that well, the more it fills up and offers more.  In this way I can give Him all my love, knowing that He will give me so much more of His love to share with others, loving them with the same holy love He gives to me.

   I wait with great anticipation to pass through the cloud of unknowing and coming face-to-face with my Lord.  But until then I will explore the mysteries, love my God, and seek to do His will in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment