Friday, January 5, 2024

Two Families 

   I like to keep things simple.  When we complicate the issues we often lose sight of where we are to go and become confused in how we are to follow our Lord.

   I’ve come to see all people on earth as members of one of two families.  We are either children of God or we are children of Satan.  There are no other options and the sooner we realize that the sooner we can begin to live as the children of God.

   Another way of saying this is that we have either love or hate in our heart.  In the heart of a child of God there can be no hate and true love does not exist in the heart of the children of Satan.  We must be one or the other, our heart can’t be divided between the two.

   I am saddened by the many evils in the world today.  It breaks my heart to see the confusion and division in the Church, I pray for the souls of the millions of innocent babies sacrificed on the altar of “free love” through abortion.  It would be quite easy to say that I hate those who foster such things, but I would then no longer be a child of God but a child or Satan.

   I can, and should, despise the evils of the world, but I can never allow myself to come to hate those who practice those evils.  I must instead love them, pray for them, and place them in God’s hands.  He is the only one who can touch their heart and create a renewal within them.

   We must choose, will we be children of God or children of Satan?  There really are no other choices.  One leads to eternal joy, the other to eternal damnation.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment