Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Why Me Lord? 

   “Why me Lord, what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I’ve known?  Tell me Lord, what did I ever do that was worth loving you or the kindness you’ve shown?” (Why Me Lord – lyrics by Kris Kristofferson) 

   I look back over my life and I see many things that would seem to eliminate me from God’s caring love.  Over and over again I turned from Him, seeking my own desires in life rather than His will for me.  I’m amazed that He didn’t just give up on me.

   Instead, He kept loving me and showing me His love in so many ways even though I didn’t recognize it and give Him the thanks He so richly deserves.  He was patient, leading me by the hand even when I wasn’t aware of it.  As bull-headed as I was, it took far too long for me to acknowledge all that He has done for me, and I will regret my delay for the rest of my life.

   Now that I know better, now that I’ve given my life to Him and want to serve Him in all that I do, the blessings of the past are more evident to me.  And even though I was remiss in not seeing them before, He still overwhelms me with His great love and blessings.

   I have no idea how much longer He will allow me to remain in this world, but I want to spend all of it giving all glory, praise, and thanks to Him.  And I promise, dear Lord, that I will cherish with all my heart, the blessings  you continue to give me.  There are no words to express such gratitude, so I give Him my heart, my soul, and my love.

 

   “Now that I know that I’ve needed you so, help me Jesus, my soul’s in your hand.” (Why Me Lord)  

No comments:

Post a Comment