Wednesday, January 17, 2024

 The Joys of Life 

   “There are only two kinds of people: those who say to God ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘All right, then, have it your way.’”  (C. S. Lewis) 

   Life can be miserable, or it can be happy.  The difference is whether we have the joy of God within us.  With Him joy is always within us even in times of trial.  Without Him, there is never true joy within us no matter how well we think things are going.

   God wants us to know peace and joy in our lives and He will give us those blessings if we are willing to follow Him and trust in Him.  Too many people want to follow their own plan rather than Gods.

   I have known difficult times in my life as most everyone has, but I refuse to allow them to create panic or despair in my life.  I strive to accept whatever God sends me with the confidence that He does only what is good for my eternal life.  I may not always understand it, and I experience the pain, but the pain is easier to bear through trusting in God.

   There are really no words to explain what I know to be true; that God loves me even though I am undeserving of His love.  I know this to be true because He has proven it to me again and again.  During the most difficult of times I felt His presence within, strengthening me and helping me to carry my cross.

   And now He has again shown it to me in a way that I could never have imagined.  He has brought me joy that I thought was an impossibility, happiness beyond all expectations.  He has yet again proven to me that in His will, there is joy and when I submit myself to His will that joy can be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment