Friday, February 16, 2024

 A Lenten Wish 

   “O Lord, make this Lenten season different from the other ones; let me find you again. Amen.”  (Henri Nouwen) 

   Throughout the year it can be easy to become lukewarm in our faith, to take God and all His many blessings for granted.  Lent is a time to raise ourselves out of this stupor and again find God within us.

   Lent is not just as a time of sacrifice, but as an opportunity to fan the flames of faith, to revitalize myself in the love and thanksgiving God is due from me for all the many times He has blessed me and led me on the right path.

   It is a time for remorse for the many times I have failed Him by my sins and to give added thanks for His mercy and forgiveness.  Through sacrifice, confession, and true sorrow for having offended Him, He restores my soul.

   This Lent I will strive to focus on increasing my love and devotion to God rather than just some small sacrifice of little meaning.  I will endeavor to sacrifice those things in my life that are not of God and increase those which bring me closer to Him.

   Lent is a time of renewal, a time of thanksgiving for the greatest gift of all; the redemption of our sins and the door to heaven being reopened by the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  May we always keep these things in mind as we journey through these forty days.

No comments:

Post a Comment