Tuesday, February 13, 2024

 For Those Who Love Him 

   “We know that God makes all things work together for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8: 28) 

   What does it mean to love God?  How do we live that love in our day to day life?  These are the questions we need to consider, the questions that must guide our actions, our thoughts, and our desires.

   I struggled for many years with the concept of loving God above all else.  It seemed to limit the love I was to show toward family and friends.  I was so mistaken!  When I love Him as I should my love is returned in such plenitude that I can truly love others as they should be loved.  Though I can never love as God loves I can share the incredible love He has for me with those of this world that I love.

   When I offer all my love to God I have confidence that all will be well.  There will be days of struggle and trial, but with His love those difficulties can be overcome.  His will for me each moment of each day is a part of His plan for me, and all will serve the good He desires for me if I will accept all He sends with love and gratitude.  I am confident that, in the end, all will be as God desires; it will be good beyond compare.

   By loving God first and foremost I can begin to know the joys of heaven even in this world, for He is within me, and He is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment