Monday, April 22, 2024

 Lost and Found 

   “I have wandered like a lost sheep; seek out your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.” (Psalm 119: 176) 

   There have been many times in my life when I’ve felt lost.  Not knowing which way to go even though I knew where I wanted to go.  Somehow I think I’ve always known that it was to God that I wanted to go but it took me many years to find the way.

   I believe the desire to have God in our life is present with us.  A need to place our faith in the promises of Jesus Christ and know the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit.  God, in holy scripture, has told us as much, “I will place my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts.  I will be their God and they shall be my people.” (Heb 10: 16).  We can deny it, refuse to believe it, or ignore it, but His law and the desire to live in accordance with it is within us.

   I wandered, I struggled to find my way, but I was relying upon myself to find the way.  I studied, I learned more about my faith, I prayed, but I remained lost until I realized that the way was not for me to find.  The way had been established many years ago by Jesus, “I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14: 6).  I had read those words many times but somehow never truly followed them.

   It was necessary for me to give myself over to Jesus and accept the will of God in my life if I were to find the way.  I had to give up searching and trust in the Lord.  When I did I became found, I no longer needed to look for the way, I found it by accepting the will of God in my life without question. 

   I may not always be sure of the path, but I place my trust in God.  He will lead me on the path that will bring me to eternal life in His kingdom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment