Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Proof of God 

“God saw all that he had made, and behold, it was very good.” (Gen 1: 31) 

   It amazes me when people say they see no evidence of God.  They look at the world and all that is in it, but it doesn’t say to them that there is a God, a Creator, by whom all these things were created.  It’s like they have a clouding in their eyes that will not allow the glory of God to shine through.

   The table in my kitchen nook looks out over my back yard.  My wife and I sit there most every day for morning prayers and breakfast.  In the yard there are feeders for the birds and squirrels and as the sun begins to rise we see them coming for their morning meal.  At times there are as many as six or seven squirrels feeding.  The feeders are full of mourning doves, chickadees, threshers, cardinals, and many others.  In the beauty of nature the glory and proof of God is in full display.

   During my Navy career I had the privilege of traveling many parts of the world and in all my travels I’ve seen the evidence of God.  On the sea the majesty and power of God is undeniable.  The ocean, whose depths have still not been seen in many areas, the calm seas, the rough seas, the sunrises, and sunsets at sea all testify to the Father and His glory.

   The love of a husband and wife in a truly sacramental marriage is not only a blessing from God but proof positive of His existence and the love He wishes to share with those who believe.  This love is the deep, unselfish, giving love that was shown by our Lord, Jesus Christ as He gave His life on the cross to redeem us of our sins.

   For those who say they don’t see evidence of God I would suggest that they open their minds and their eyes to the reality around them.  Reject the biases and worldly lies that would hide God from them and open their hearts to His love and mercy.  The proof of God is everywhere for anyone who is willing to see it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment