Wednesday, April 24, 2024

 The Lord’s Blessings 

   “Blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways.” (Psalm 128: 1) 

   The fact that I woke up this morning is a blessing.  Yes, my goal is to join my Lord in His heavenly kingdom, but each day I am on this earth is also a blessing.  Each day is another opportunity to enjoy the majesty of His creation, giving Him thanks, praise, and glory.

   My life hasn’t been perfect, but then nothing in this world is perfect.  I’ve had good times and bad, but they all have helped me to grow in the understanding that only in God is there perfection and it is not to be found in this sinful world in which I live.  And yet, even the imperfections point me to God, yearning for the perfect life to come in His heavenly kingdom.

   There have been challenges, but that also is expected in this life.  As I’ve grown older I, like most everyone, have more aches and pains, health issues that must be dealt with, and new crosses to bear.  Through faith and trust in God, I can accept them.  I offer them to my Lord, Jesus Christ, in the hope that whatever suffering I may endure can somehow be united with His for the redemption of sinners.

   As I see it, there are two choices in life.  I can complain about my crosses or willingly accept them as Christ tells me, “Anyone who wishes to follow me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.” (Matt 16: 24).  I choose to listen and obey.

   Life in the world will never be perfect, so I will thank my God for all the blessings He has given me, accept the difficulties as they come, always trusting in the Lord to bring me home when my time on this earth is done.  There is peace and comfort in all things when you place them in the hands of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment