Monday, April 29, 2024

The Person God Created Us To Be 

   “Be the person God meant you to be and you will set the world of fire.” (St. Catherine of Siena) 

   Each day, and sometimes many times during the day, I say a little prayer, “Father, make me the man you created me to be, make me holy, make me a saint.”

   Only God can make me holy, only God can make me a saint.  All my efforts are wasted unless I rely upon the influence and leadership of God.  My part is to obey, to accept the Lord’s will and always be confident that He will lead me on the right path.

   Even though I may feel lost at times, wondering if I’m walking the path God wants me to walk, I know that He is there, leading me.  I may be going through challenging times and my cross may be heavy, however, with God in my life even then I am at peace.

   St. Thomas Aquinas and many others have stated that God is love, everything He does is done out of love for us.  Though I may not always understand why I must experience the pains and disappointments in life, I am confident in God’s love for me.  His ways are far beyond my understanding.  Therefore, what is necessary is not understanding, but acceptance and trust in God.  In this way, I can face whatever comes my way in peace.

   Can I, as St. Catherine said, set the world on fire?  No, I cannot!  But by accepting God’s will in my life, by yielding to His desires rather than my own, I can be a part of His plan and serve His purpose.  I can become the man God created me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment