Tuesday, April 9, 2024

 The Blessings of God 

   “Such are the blessings that will be bestowed on the man who fears the Lord.” (Psalm 128: 4) 

   In a world troubled by hatred, bias, and ignorance of God it is good to take some time to consider the many blessings that God has bestowed upon us.

   My life, like most, has seen its share of trials and tribulations.  But when I stop and consider the many gifts God has given me the crosses I may have borne are lightened and of little consequence.  His blessings are by far greater than the trials of the world, in those blessings are the strength to overcome those trials.

   I often sit and think of all the incredible gifts God has given me.  My life itself is a gift of God; without His love I could not exist.  Each day brings beauty and joy when I look at it through the eyes of faith.  Yes, there have been storms, but they fade.  The sun returns and I again see the majesty of God and His love for all He created. 

   Rather than dwell on the trials and temptations, we must look to the blessings in life.  When we sit quietly and seek in earnest to see the many gifts God has given, I am confident that we will realize that the blessings far outweigh the trials, that the joy overcomes the sadness, and that hope will overcome despair.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment