Monday, December 6, 2021

 The Love of Christ 

   “Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy” (Thomas Merton) 

   As I’ve grown older, as I’ve become more contemplative, as I’ve grown in prayer, I’ve become more and more convinced that the whole of Christianity is found in a simple four letter word – Love.  For love is the path to salvation.

   Love without conditions, love without expectations, love simply because that is what I am asked to do if I am to love God.  It makes no difference whether I may or may not like someone, I am still to love them.  Christ is within them, that is reason enough to love them, no other reason is necessary.    

   Jesus explained it very clearly, “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least of my brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matt 25: 40).  If I ignore those in need, I ignore Jesus, in caring of the needs of others, I care for Jesus.  It isn’t important who they are or even how sinful they may have been, I am still to love them.

   Our Lord took on humanity to show us how to live and how to serve our God.  His ministry was, and is, one of love.  Let us never forget that all He did, He did because of His love for you and for me.  He never asked of our worthiness; none of us are worthy of His love but He loves us anyway.  That is the love I am to have for all His children. 

Help me to love Lord.

To see You in all people.

Open my heart.

Fill it with Your love. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment