Monday, December 27, 2021

The Story of Life 

   My life is a story; a story not written by me but by God.  It isn’t a new story, it was written before time began and is playing out as planned long, long, ago.  It has an ending although I do not know how or when it will end.

   Some tell their life story in a biography.  Some read those biographies hoping to learn how achieve the same level of success as the author.  But no one’s story is the same.  No matter how much I may try to emulate another, my story will never be their story.

   Others try to run away from their story.  They seek the things of this world and ignore the author of their story.  It won’t work.  We have an eternal soul, and our story is a spiritual one.  Without God in it, it becomes random and futile.  It becomes a story without a plot and no clear ending.

   I don’t pretend to know all the details to my story, I’ve been surprised many times by things I was not expecting.  I don’t know how my story will end or when that end will come.  What I do know is that if I have sought God and His plan in my life I will spend eternity in paradise with my Lord.  How do I know this?  Because I believe.  I believe in the promise of Christ who said, “In my father’s house there are many mansions.  If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and take you to myself; that where I am, you also may be.” (John 14: 2 – 3).

   The story is written, the end is known.  My job is to live the story as it was written for me. 

Father, You wrote the story of my life.

You know everything about me.

Let me always seek Your will.

Let me live the story You wrote for me. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment