Wednesday, July 6, 2022

 Trust In His Word 

   “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” (Matt 24: 35) 

   When the world begins to intrude into my life, the quickest and most effective way to bring myself back to where I need to be is by prayer and giving thanks to God.  In this way I can withdraw from the frustrations of life and look to the promises of Christ.  Those promises make the woes of this world much easier to bear.

   We cannot allow the world to overcome us, we must have trust in the promises of Christ.  There is no problem so great, no cross so heavy that it cannot be overcome with the help of our Lord.  At the last supper Jesus told His apostles "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You have faith in God; have faith also in me.” (John 14: 1).  That faith is what sustains me in a world gone mad.

   The world is a messy place.  Evil and immorality runs rampant.  But this is nothing new, and not something that will go away until the final day, when Jesus comes again in glory.  Until then we must look to that day and trust in the many promises of our Lord.  He will not abandon, He will not desert His chosen ones.  “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." (John 16: 33).  He has promised and He keeps His promises.

   The world and all within in it will pass away, its days are numbered.  He will come again in glory and make all things new.  “Yes, I am coming soon.’  Amen!  Come, Lord Jesus!” (Rev 22: 20). 

No comments:

Post a Comment